View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 06:25 PM   #15
sentra_dude

I knew you guys would have some good excuses for the Veyron!

The whole point is, everyone goes on and on about how the Veyron crushes everything in sight in a straight line, but here we have a production car, NOT some crazy fire breathing one-off tuner car, beating the Veyron in pure acceleration.

The S7 may not be the most refined car out there, but it has a/c, a stereo, etc. It is not an all-out dragster either, but a car with a race-proven chassis and excellent handling. So the excuse that it is 'just some dragster' does not hold much credit.

Anyways, certainly the Veyron is a fast car, I'm not denying that. I just like to point out that it is not so much faster than anything else out there as some like to claim.

Originally Posted by everso
Originally Posted by sentra_dude
Ohhhhhhhhhhh snap, the mighty Veyron, that is supposed to be able to beat everything, beaten by a production car back in 2005! By the way, the McLaren F1 is 0-200mph in 28 secs... Now we know that the claim that a stationary Veyron can be passed by a McLaren F1 at 120mph and then catch up to and beat the F1 to 200mph is utter bullshit.

Here is the data sheet showing the S7 TT doing 0-200mph quicker than the Veyron:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/d...peedometer.pdf

Saleen S7 TT:
0-200mph 23.4 seconds
Almost a whole damn second faster!

I can't wait for the excuses to start flowing!

Full article:
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=2572

Thanks for the article dali!
no excuses are needed. The Veyron was NOT present in that article you posted, meaning the test was done on a DIFFERENT TRACK, under different conditions.

put them on the track together, and the Veyron will pound that pile of american junk into the ground.

you can't compare tests like that done at different times, in different conditions, with different drivers to each other....

DONE.
I believe as RC already mentioned, the conditions are more similar than you'd like to admit, although yes it is not exactly the same so I will give you that...

How can you be so sure the Veyron will be faster? The S7 has a much better power to weight ratio and I'm sure better aerodynamics as well. Is it so hard to believe that the S7 could be faster?

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote