View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 12:14 AM   #54
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Spiffu View Post
Jeeze you can go off on a tangent. First the poor and homeless, now terrorists. Sound like one of Bush's speeches.

Why bring Bush into it? The anti-western movement far predates Bush - senior and junior...

The LHC has been under development for 20 years. It's a multi-national effort which makes the price of 5 billion even less. If not for the the whole dooms day premonition BS, we wouldn't even be having this thread since the pursuit of science doesn't make news, sensationalism does.

So as long as some boffins have their noses stuck in some project for 20 years then it; ok for rest of the world can quietly slide into chaos.

Drop the melodrama.

Actually if people paid more attention to the melodrama then financial, energy and immigration crisis like we are currently experiencing would not have happened.

Because all the while some of us were calling for changes and oversight, we were laughed down as cooks and drama queens

I have been asking why domestic oil exploration was being curtailed the day I learned of the fact in the mid 1990's.

It made ZERO strategic sense then, yet somehow "other more important endeavors" were pursued... - what good is a successful LHC if you dot get to reap the benefits of any knowledge gained because the world around you has gone to hell?

Call me all the names you want, but I have an uncanny track record o being correct - maybe it because man is essentially evil and destined to fail so my pessimistic outlook has a greater chance of being correct hehe
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote