View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 10:27 PM   #52
Spiffu
Regular User

The new collider in Europe is small compaired to the one that was planned for Texas near Dallas that was later cancelled by congress due to its cost. Physicists in the US have been sucking hind tit ever since then.
My dad served on the Nautilus.

All of which is moot if the west collapses under its own greed... I never once said I am against progress - not once... but the pursuit of "progress" without lifting ones head up once i a while can be just as disastrous as no progress.

You know those Taliban dudes with a bullet with your name on it? They are only using cellphones as a means to an end, not becaus they "dig progress and discovery" - when the hordes overrun the LHC I dont think they will care what its intended use was - they will just raid it for parts for their camel wagons
Jeeze you can go off on a tangent. First the poor and homeless, now terrorists. Sound like one of Bush's speeches.

The LHC has been under development for 20 years. It's a multi-national effort which makes the price of 5 billion even less. If not for the the whole dooms day premonition BS, we wouldn't even be having this thread since the pursuit of science doesn't make news, sensationalism does.

Drop the melodrama.

It's an 06 dammit!

Last edited by Spiffu; 09-24-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Spiffu is offline   Reply With Quote