View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 01:10 PM   #13
philip
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post

And the max practical file size limit on NTFS is 16TB not 16GB - which back in the early days of NTFS lifecycle may as well have been writn as "unlimited max size" .. people spoke of Terrabytes back the, but never dreamed there would be practical and affordable drives of a terrabyte or more - these days you can buy a terrabyte home office drive.
ecost.com has a 1TB external drive for $139 today. Never bought from ecost and I've heard bad reports, so I'm still going to Fry's today. When I first heard the word terrabyte, I thought someone had just made it up for a big number, never thought there would be a hard drive that size let alone one you could buy at Fry's. Last year I think they were a thousand dollars now $139 from ecost.

(caution old guy reminiscing) I had a neighbor at the office who were professional video guys http://www.spearedpeanut.com/graveyard/coolfilms/ a real long while back they got a new apple editing hard drive array, it was a bizzillion dollars, anyway it had ten 4 gig hard drives, it was the size of a filing cabinet and allowed them for the first time to digitally edit an entire 2 hours worth of video in real time.

Wish Enzo's would do this, but they don't. Back in the old days just about any car got cheaper as it got older, till it was a junker any anyone with $100 could buy it. I'm sure a Ferrari GTO or two sold for $1000 some time in its life.

Thanks dutch for the right click tip, I might be able to do that. (always forget about that right click feature thanks)