View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 04:59 PM   #14
sameerrao
Regular User

any examples of when during this race Webber made a mistake? He lost spots off the line through no fault of his own and then had to pit early so that disadvantaged him also, and Fisi passed him towards the end in a much faster car So I don't think the criticism of him in this race is valid
There are a couple over the past couple races:
- Spain: I forget now what happened here - this race was pretty boring once Schumi's tires died on him.
- Imola: Webber looses it going into the varianti alta chicane and gets passed
- Bahrain: Webber spins off at least once

Sepang was not his fault at all. Fisi understeered into him.

Dont get me wrong - I like Webber - I thought he of all the young(er) drivers is one who most resembles Schumi in parameters such as work ethic, ability to hone the team around himself.

But I expected him to blow away Heidfeld but this hasnt happened yet. So the speed is undoubtedly there for qualifying but he doesnt seem to bring it home to a good position.

Webber had it easy with the likes of Pizzonia, Yoong and others. Heidfeld is mid-pack material in my book. So the million dollar question is how would Webber cope with someone in the top drawer like Kimi or Alonso?

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote