Thread: Nissan 350Z
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 07:09 PM   #12
sentra_dude

Wow, seems like a number of people have it out for the Z...I'm certainly not a huge fan of it, but how can an affordable, RWD sports-car be uncool or seriously uncool to a bunch of car nuts?

Its cool, the looks may not be as good as they could be and it may not be the purest sports car, but its a hell of a lot better than a TT...

Originally Posted by bmw06m6
Seriously Uncool, not to mention the fact that it is really a Datsun, it is just another two-seater in an already ungodly overcrowded market, the looks of it seem strangely familiar to Porsche, strange never thought the Japanese would copy Euro-Boxes?

It is not a good car overall, doesn't drive particularly well, cheap interior, rather loud, ugly, terrible performance, etc. compared to other two-seaters, being that it costs nearly the same as better competitors you’d be nuts to buy one … Z4, SLK and Boxster which have much more prominent badges the choice is obvious, plus IT’S A DATSUN! :roll:

SnakeBite you have to keep in mind the TT has been out for quite sometime, which has OWNED the roadster market for a long time, people are board with it, and the new one isn't really that pretty.

In terms of performance, my straight six 3 liter BMW Z4 beat three 350z at the track last summer, each had there butts handed to them one after another, do you think I got lucky?
Why does it matter that its a Datsun? Are you that obsessed with badges...? :roll:

How is it not a good car overall, I seem to remember it winning at least one Car of the Year Award here in America. Its fun to drive, it may have a cheap interior, but then again the base model is $27K, and that is a good price.

How does it have terrible performance? It may be a little on the heavy side, but its got a torquey V6 and 300hp means 0-60 in under 6sec, definitely not terrible.

Are you blind, how does it cost the same as a Z4? Base model 350Z, which gets the same engine as top model, is $27K, to get a Z4 with the big engine, that's a base price of nearly $42K...and a Boxster starts at $45K, and only goes way up from there.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote