View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 12:58 PM   #23
Sir_GT
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ghostbat
Originally Posted by Sir_GT
I still don't like it.

I agree it's better than the last one, but I'm still not a fan.

The interior's... well, it looks pretty much like the last model, except for the digital-style dials and that weird-ass steering wheel.

Although I hope the new CLK will look good.
Well no one expects a 1-series buyer to have taste

Jokes aside you may love or hate the interior but if you think it looks like the old W203 C-series I suggest you look closer.
Correction.

The 1-series was my now-ex-wife's choice. Not mine. I wanted to get the Mini Cooper S, and if it wasn't for the 6 month waiting list, that would've been the car we bought.

Before we parted ways, I had already convinced her to sell the 1-er for the new (at the time) 3-door Fiat Grande Punto, which was / is a far better looking car, or the new Renault Clio.

She still has the 1-series. Act of defiance? Or plain bad taste? You be the judge.

Also, the old W203 was my ex-wife's mom's car. I used it often, I know what I'm talking about.

I'm not saying the new 3-series is a stretch from the last one either... but I was expecting something with a bit less wood from MB, especially with their new "forward-looking" exteriors, and the futuristic-ish S-class.