View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 05:30 PM   #2
sameerrao
Regular User

Your picture taking ability is above reproach so issues you are facing must be due to the camera. I assume you clean your lenses and mirror inside the camera on occasion. If so, something must have gone out alignment in the camera. It might be expensive to fix anyway. So I would say trade in the Rebel for the 30D. I am sure with your bigger L lenses, the 30D will be a lot more comfortable in your hands.

I am contemplating upgrading to the D200 in a few months myself for the following reasons:
- bigger body makes it easier to hold with my 70-200 3lb heavy lens
- faster autofocus
- 4 extra MPs - little better cropping possible
- More buttons on the body rather than scrolling thru menus
- Depth of field preview (you can stop down the image in the viewfinder to selected aperture and check out the quality of the bokeh)

The D2X is way beyond my budget.

The D200 is about $1300 now for the body. If I can find a used one or something for a couple $$$ less I might spring for it. I might be keeping my D50 to use with the 18-70 lens and the D200 for the 70-200 lens. That way I can take both cameras to a race or something and quickly switch between cameras rather than go thru process of de-attaching and re-attaching lenses.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote