View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 09:50 PM   #34
RC45
Regular User

Default Re: Clarkson is the man!

Originally Posted by racingfreak
Clarkson was in South Africa (dont know if any of you know the little place I call home) recently together with Richard Hammond for the MPH 2007 show where you sit in a theatre and they show you all the latest cars! He entered the arena in a gallardo spyder doing drifts and filling the entire place with smoke. He told us about his Ford GT and how he has bought and sold it 3 times and finally decided to grow up so he bought a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder (?)
After the show he gave out autographs and I had the oppertunity to speak to him. What a great guy, his passion for cars once again showed when I asked him if he will miss his Ford GT, he said that in an ideal world he would drive that car until its end but just had to face reality and sell the bloody thing...so my question is simple: What do you think of Mr Clarkson?
He is a pompous entertainer that has created a niche market for himself built around verbal vombosity and acidic hyperbole.

He is very good at panderign to local animosoties to drive his mediocre humour home.

I often wonder how much of a "great guy" he really is behind the scenes, because most of the time he just comes across as a prick with a car show
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote