View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 05:29 AM   #52
Shinigami
Regular User

What I meant by the insurance stuff is that to have the plates, you need proof of insurance. If you don't pay your insurance on time, they will notify the authorities, who will then ask for the plates back.

This means that it's nearly impossible to drive a car if you don't have insurance.

Of course it's possible to "drive" the car, but you would have to forge the license plates, or drive without them. In either case, the cops will fuck you up bad, especially if you get caught speeding etc...

The way it seems to work in the states is different, in that you just get the plates, and then work out an insurance deal. Meanwhile, you can drive the car without insurance all you want. Over here, that is nearly impossible (maybe for a day or two before you get a call or a letter). But anyway...

TT: you randy little boy Good thing you've had your license for 9 years now. As long as you haven't been in an accident in the past 5 years, you should have nearly full (if not full) deductions. Shouldn't cost you more then 2000chf a year in insurance, and with your job, that should be perfectly affordable