View Single Post
Old 08-10-2003, 01:36 PM   #20
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by mendocino
Well I think it's still working with some explanations:

the only two examples that are wrong I think are pagani and lambo... but put it this way:

those are super cars, so obviously sporty, and I don't think we can call the diablo and the c12 'coupe' so their 'topless' version can't be seen as derivative of 'coupe' . if the top disapear, they moved from supercar to roadster... or perhaps superoadster...
you can call them whatever you want...my old diablo was listed as a coupe on the registration and sales documents...so thats good enough for me....btw the F50 has both a solid top and removable roof section and its not called an F50 Roadster...IMO its a manufacturers decision....Ferrari have their "TS" model which stands for "Transversale Spider" you could call this a Roadster as well....as its exactly the same design as my Diablo VT Roadster....also Ferrari have TB (Transversale Berlinetta) or Hardtop and of course the spider soft top.....for these models also....I cant see how "pagani and lambo" are wrong...they made the cars... they can call them whatever they want....plus I dont think they would make that sort of mistake some how....
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote