View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 11:28 PM   #37
graywolf624
Regular User

The bit with Hammond and the formula one car was very eye opening. I can only day dream about ever driving one, but I have to wonder if I even have the reflexes quick enough to do anything of any value in one. Great piece though I wish theyd spent more time in each car. A whole show could have been made out of this one piece and it would have been way more entertainign then any challenge.

The old car search was also interesting. That being said the Model A ford was conspicious by its abscence. It did have proper standard running gear and was available in 1929. Granted this is much later then the Caddy but I dare say it is really mostly responsible for the adaption of this standard in controls.

The vauxhall vxr bit was well shot as usual.

Unfortunately Id already seen the bit on the BMW test car from other sources. That sort of blunted the whole show bit. Still it was an entertaining watch.

Ill just ignore the star in a reasonably priced car as Im not up enough on pop culture to know who he is. Lewis on the other hand was the real star. He did a fantastic lap. Its a shame they didn't milk his presence for a mono e mono with the stig.. Id at least like to have seen what he did in the dry.