View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 11:24 AM   #34
nthfinity
Regular User

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/170820...er-return.html

Rate it!

Felipe Massa, the Formula One racer recovering after a July crash, is looking to compete in Brazil's Grand Prix in October if he gets a medical all-clear.

Massa targets October return

Felipe Massa, the Formula One racer recovering after a July crash, is looking to compete in Brazil's Grand Prix in October if he gets a medical all-clear.
FORMULA 1 Felipe Massa - 0
More Stories

The 28-year-old Brazilian said: "I'm not afraid of getting back on the accelerator, I will return to racing."

He admitted though, that despite not feeling any pain, he could still not remember his accident and added: "I still don't feel 100 per cent" right now.

The comments, made during a news conference Sunday, reinforced Massa's stated desire to return to the racetrack following his horrific accident in Budapest while qualifying for the Hungarian Grand Prix on July 25.

He suffered severe head injuries when he was struck at around 250 kph by a spring that flew off compatriot Rubens Barrichello's Brawn car.

Massa underwent surgery on his fractured skull in Hungary and on August 5 was flown to Brasil for convalescence.

In last year's Brazilian GP, Massa finished first but saw the world title go to Britain's Lewis Hamilton in the last lap.
AFP