View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 08:34 AM   #217
Andrew
Regular User

maybe one of the most talked about models to come out this year,the good old bentley blower.Not a lemans winner but somehow a very famous car.the screws on it are smaller than normal so i couldnt unscrew them

http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/amd_...ower/?start=all

mines is the DE version orginally when these came out a couple of months back they were around £140 but recently bentley and minichamps have thought that was abit cheap and have jacked it up to £180!! and if you think its mainly diecast,erm nop! alot of it is plastic! not looking good is it :sad: but maybe they used leather on it? nop the seats are plastic and i have my doubts on the straps.what about the wheels? plastic! the bonnet? plastic! fenders? PLASTIC! you can see where this is going.

so is there anything to like about this model? well yes.even though it is mainly plastic,the car is beautiful theres no other word for it and fantasicly detailed.i have to admit i find MC's models crap but theirs DE's are second to none and the hinges are admittedly the best ive seen on a model! The straps are a nice touch but an utter b*stard.

so is this model worth £180+?

NO!!!!!

so why does it cost so much? simple answer being they know we will buy this! i only paid £100 for this from a guy who works for bentley and imo it was worth the £100 but then again most of my models after postage come to around the same so in a sense im used to that kinda price.i would say if you can find one for a similer price(theres a couple on ebay for £110) and you want it then get it.for £180? well you must ether really really want one or youve done a good job avoiding the men in white coats