View Single Post
Old 05-07-2004, 11:53 AM   #35
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by AL123
Wow that is the longest reply i've ever seen i think even longer than some of our reviews!! i read it all and some of what you have said seems very reasomnable. But you still haven't put your opinion about my main point: do you feel guilty about buying a body that is a copy of someone elses hard work, i would because i understand the amount of work that goes into the design process for even a simple product let alone a car. This is my main problem and is the main reason why i wouldn't even entertain/ buyng or making a replica car
Guilt?

Why - the designer has already been paid and rewarded - and does not receive royalties like an artist does.

What if you put a body-kit on your E46 - that "is a copy of the M3-GTR" - should you fgeel "guilty" for doing so? It is afterall a replica?

Guilt aside - it comes down to the essence of what is being built.

You can build a replica AC Cobra or GT40 and feel fulfilled - because the orginal cars, while unobtainable can still be faithfully represented in replica form - and deliver the same performance with ease.

Why?

Because aside from the original bodywork being aluminum, they were essentially designed and constructed much the same way you construct the replica - using the chassis, suspension and drive train components on hand...

A Diablo however, was never built using a "Ford V8" by the factory...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote