Thread: KERS Discussion
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 04:41 AM   #11
frnk
Regular User

Originally Posted by mts6800 View Post
Given enough money some teams will be able to make more power than others, hence have power to pass. Then again maybe that's not what he mean.
I think thats exactly what we don't want in F1, the teams with more money getting even quicker engines and turning 75% of the field into moving chicanes.

I think in the end we will really have to wait and see how much of an effect KERS can have on the racing, hopefully it does not provide too many liability problems because liability this year has diluted the quality of the racing I think, especially with Ferrari and Renault's struggles.

As for the political/green side of it, I don't really care either way. I think overall the image of F1 is a responsibility of the teams, specifically the works teams, who have to be accountable to their CEOs. Overall I think protesting KERS because of its original environmentally based concerns is fairly silly because like it or not, it is coming to Formula 1 and the reasons behind its presence are irrelevant in my mind compared to its overall effect on the quality of the racing.
frnk is offline   Reply With Quote