View Single Post
Old 11-19-2003, 03:25 AM   #7
troskap
Regular User

I'm not quite sure how long it will take the aftermarket to kick into gear for the GTO. Hell, if I can get parts for my Pontiac six-shooter, something with a V8 engine is bound to get parts thrown at it

From what I've heard, Pontiac's been working up some deals with some companies to get some suspension and engine mods ready to be released inside of the next year - whether it will be through GMPP, the new Pontiac performance group, or through third-party marketers like SLP and such, remains to be seen. Besides, there's already a LS-1/LS-6 marketplace all ready to go, so parts for the engine itself shouldn't be TOO hard to get.

Though I think I'm going to be waiting a few years before I throw into a new GTO. A group of us at a NASCAR race got to talk to Bob Kraut, GM/Pontiac's director of marketing, as part of a Pontiac G-Force sneak and peek. We did ask him, "So what's the skinny on the GTO? How hot will you guys make it?" His blunt, gruff answer to us was, "Wait a few years...then you'll see...."

"The Judge", anyone?

/rumormongering

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
40th Anniversary Daytona 500 Pace Car Replica
#812/1500
troskap is offline   Reply With Quote