View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 03:48 AM   #15
RC45
Regular User

I spent about 40 hours track testing a Caterham Superlight 2 summers ago - and it is an awesome track chassis (and with "only" 220bhp I believe) was insanely quick - however, it is an uncomfotable and cramped and very single purpose car.

If I owned one, I would not even bother driving it to the track (even though this one was street legal) - 20 minutes into a street drive it would get old. Trust me, if you have to squeeze yourself into and extricate yourself out of the carbon fibre seated, 4 point harnessed cramped quarters that pass for the Caterham cockpit 6 times in one morning and you will also begin secretly hate the little bugger

The Ariel I am sure will be more of the same - these cars may be fun and ok for street use in quaint little european villages where there is barely 3 miles between pubs and trips will be limited to 3 a month - but here in the real world of 65 mile oneway freeway drives to the road race course, and other such "realities" you see these cars are really just track toys.

Mad fun track toys, and the twin-Busa V8 is a fantastic little unit - a bit over priced but fantastic none the less - and should make these beasties fun in small doses.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote