View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 10:28 AM   #107
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by stradale
Originally Posted by RC45
I read the magazine article - and correct me if I got the wrong impression, but the car was an idea Pininfarinna came up with, then went looking to find a wealthy Tifosi interested in participating in the project (meaning - would you pay for our experiement).

It was not borne of someone calling up Pinifarinna and saying "Build me the baddest car in the universe".
I don't know which article you're referring to, but that doesn't sound right to me. Why would Jim Glickenhaus own the rights to the design if that was the case? If this would have been Pininfarina's idea I doubt it would have been a modern interpretation of the 330 P3/4. Anyway, I think Jim is the right person to provide a conclusive answer on this.
Its in this months Car and Driver. Pininfarina looked for someone to be in their experiment, so that they could show to the world what they're capable of and that comisioning a car to them isn't as expensive as most people think. Meaning that they are making new business.

I really like the car, I think its really amazing but this "publicity stunt" kinda takes appeal off of it from my point of view.
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote