View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 11:16 AM   #6
fordgt84
Regular User

^ i agree with you when you say that the lexus better be damn good for that kind of money... lexus probably believes that it is truly worth that kind of money, and i wouldn't blame them for thinking so.

granted the list of vehicles u've given are from manufacturers that have been in the high performance game for a long time and have truly established themselves as makers of some the best machines out there. but let's not forget that toyota have been in racing as long as everyone else, we all know that toyota knows how to make a sports car, we also know that they've been working their butts off for a while now developing the lf-a, and having seen one in the flesh at the geneva motorshow it looks damn good too (in a futuristic kind of way)

what i'm trying to say is if lexus can develop a supercar that's just as good (if not better) as an F430 or Gallardo - in terms of performance, quality, desirability etc - why shouldn't they price it like one? (besides the fact that it's got toyota written all over it)... i mean i just think that in a world where people bought Aston Martin Vanquishes that had a base price of $228,000 -complete with nasty ford switchgear and a nightmare of a gearbox - people should (and will) at least be able to look past the fact that it's Japanese, or just a beefed up Toyota, especially as i just know it will be a way more complete car than the Vanquish could have ever been.
fordgt84 is offline   Reply With Quote