View Single Post
Old 03-18-2005, 09:30 AM   #27
TransAm
Regular User

Originally Posted by coombsie66
Originally Posted by TransAm2001
I think the British claim to fame here is going to be our Comedy shows, from the early 80's til today, excepting Benny 'twat' Hill of course, and that awful 'gags' progamme I see on BBCA occasionally.

The best of them all must be Fawlty Towers

"Thats not a hamster, it's a rat. Don't you have rats in Barcelona or did Franco have them all shot?"

"The Office" is probably the most original of the newer comedy shows. "Have I got news for you" is a current affairs / political satire quiz, very funny indeed, and quite original in terms of the concept, IMHO.

We also have some classics over the past twenty years: Red Dwarf, The Fast Show, Alas Smith and Jones, the Mary Whitehouse experience, Not the Nine O'Clock news.

A lot of these are available on torrent sites, particularly UK sites. PM me if you want the website.

As for the EastEnders comment : yes it is a cheesy soap opera, but I have been watching it since it started in 1985, that's my excuse. I watch it in TX, via torrent or winmx ops:
Oh, ofcourse trans you've missed the 'little britain' phenomenon over here, very very funny program, quite sick at times, very original and it's one of those 'you get it or you hate it' shows. I find it hillarious though, undoubtably the fast show of this generation.
Seen it out here, it is very funny, I'll give you that. I cannot stand the sight of Matt Lucas in skintights!! It's just makes me get all homophobic lol

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote