View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 02:14 AM   #13
nthfinity
Regular User

no, of course not D1 drifts.....

first, it doesnt have the lock to do that... but I'm very sure that every other supercar out there from teh Jag XJ220, Vector W8, Pagani crapola F, Enzo, CGT, Ford GT, F430, etc. etc. all are able to give warning where the limit is, and let you control the car with a slide; and catch.

even the SLR you could run the slide.... still with quite some wheel effort.

which is my point.

a car where you can feel the limit better allows for approaching those limits more kandidly. on a track, if you cannot feel it, you might be losing 2-3-4 seconds per lap because you dont know whats going to happen if you stradle the limits.

so many people claim they want a better handling car; not some "american garbage" or whatever that is "only fast in a straight line".... so they take their GTi over a Z06, or such a car... well ,clearly you would want that GTi over the Mclaren F1 (you as in those people)

on an extremely uneven surface. this dude is far from professional. he just slams the gas without any finesse.
how much more even do you want it? there was only one section where you could hear/see bumps, and that was when he was on the straightaway high speed run.

and finesse on the gas, i urge you to watch the video again, he starts right off trying that; just to get pwned by the handling of that car....

minor snap, catch, throttle.... but its suddenly heavy understeer.
minor snap, big snap, catch, around.... rinse repeate