View Single Post
Old 12-05-2004, 08:22 PM   #24
ice
Regular User

I cant understand you allanlambo.

Regardless of whether u actually own both of these cars is meaningless, my father drives a BiBi 512, but it doesnt make me an expert on Ferrari's, especially one as new as the F430.

Second, no lambo has existed better then a Ferrari. Some will say the muira, which understeered like a Civic as the gas gauge lowered, and overall was an inferior driving car then its Ferrari compeototr.

Also, Ferrari has been off their game since the F40? In that case, Lambo didnt have a game UNTIL the murc. Since the F40, the 355, 360, 550, 575, F50, Enzo and now the F430 comes out. These cars not only dominated their respective times, but they also remain the most desired cars in the world, bar NONE. Hell afetr SIX YEARS, the 360 has a one year plus waiting list, and in automotive comparisons still WINS!

And what is hard to belieev about the F430 being so quick. AS already mentioned, the "downward slope" advantage means nothign, as magazines have replicated and beaten the times set on those slopes, so that argument has no bearing. Sure, give or take a tenth, but regardless is posts a 7.9 100 mph time, which is only 2 tenths off the slightly more powerful, but heavier Ford GT. The Murc and GAllrdo both outweigh the F430 significantly, and not only that, the torque advantage against the 360 is all but neautralized now in the 4.3 litre F430.

Also, the Gallardo is no drivers car. It understeers at the limit, has AWD which, as any motoring journal has said, dulls the experience and makes it less excitintg. This is why it still is outsold by a SIX YEAR OLD 360 modena, and why the 360 is already a better sports car. By no means am I saying th GAllardo isnt a GREAt car, but it isnt a 360 killer, and it definetely isnt an F430 killer. What is it? Some competition. Driving dynamics straigt line performance, sound and, obviously, heritage, the F430 dominates.

As much as journalists are trying to play up the Ferrari/Lambo war, we all know deep down Ferrari's real competitor is Porsche, as both Enzo and Montezelmo have stated. The Gallardo was already beaten, before the F430 came out. The 360 did that on its own.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote