Old 05-25-2004, 04:47 PM   #6
HoboPie
Regular User

Originally Posted by BADMIHAI
Originally Posted by twboy1999
hum..
i am surprise the writter feel mcclaren feels easier to drive on the track
i thought it would the opposite

also he feel it is faster... yeah f1 is faster in a straight line, but no way can it beat it in any type of track..

CGT is a freaking track monster

The F1 might beat is, even on a track. One car that would beat them both on the track is the F40. Nice article indeed!
The F40 is quick, but are you kidding. The Carrera GT is probably a match for the Enzo on the track. The dynamics are probably there and the straightline pace after recent tests isn't quite there, but still the closest supercar out there.

I do think the F40 can beat a Mclaren around a track though. I think Atkinson is just too amateur in his skill to see the difference. Cars that appear harder and even slower to amateurs are often significantly different in skilled hands.

For example, Clarkson believes the SLR is very close to the CGT in terms of overall performance. In his hands there wasn't much difference. In the Stigg's hands on a fairly simple track the difference was more obvious. In the sport auto super test which is usually a little biased towards German cars, not because of the driver, but because of the amount of testing German cars get there. There was a huge difference the CGT was about 14 seconds faster while driving in the wet.

In the dry it is probably closer to 25 seconds.