View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 09:27 AM   #14
10000rpmlover
Regular User

ok, I am not buying a car based on their reviews, all I am saying is that their joke about american cars being bad, even before they drive them is just insane, I could quote another clarkson blunder when he supposedly tested a cadillac CTS, not sure if it was the (V) and he utterly insulted the car and the makers, and then the cadi made him eat his words as it drove like a snarling monster

the BMI clip I am referring to, it was not BMI now that I think about it, since it was german, and what I tried to convey was the fact that they tested a VXR8/G8 which is a 4 dooor saloon with a price of 29,000 USD has a great engine, brilliant performance, but is not a track car, so I thought comparing it to the mazda diabolical handling rx-8 was failure on their part when they could have brought in a direct competitor in its class like a FWD mitsu diamante or a nissan maxima

in the end I am so tired of seeing how they make it seem like all cars made in US are rubbish, yeah if you think of them as imports in your countries, with huge price tags then that is bad and I wouldn't buy one either, but when they say that a new camaro is bad just by looking at a picture, or that a corvette is bad because it has a stiffy ride when I know there are far worst european examples out there is just stupid and a crappy mistake on their part to make jokes, it is not funny anymore

I just test drove the corvette this morning, test drove an 08, I was told theat dealer will have 09's in couple weeks, if that is true I will wait and test one of those, so far I like the one I tested and the ride is nowhere near as bad as Mr clarkson made it out to be, at 55,000 for the one I tested, I believe that it is a bargain for what it is, aside from looking beautiful
10000rpmlover is offline   Reply With Quote