View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 07:40 PM   #3
Spiffu
Regular User

Top Gear, in particular Jeremy Clarkson, have what I believe is a BBC instilled script bias against anything American. His past shows are completely different in his views of American stuff. They make exceptions for cars like the new Z06 where if they have to praise it because pretty much everyone else has reverred it as an excellent car. But they still made all the typical "friendly fire" jokes and made up B.S. about the sat nav.

Either the backers of Top Gear don't like America or the producers of the BBC want a super pro U.K. language in the script and banter of the presenters want them to bash the U.S. every chance they get. i.e. down play all our accomplishments, insult us every chance they get, etc.

It's one thing to make a typical joke about American's as we make fun of our selves occasionally, but the way Top Gear goes on promoting Britain and dissing everyone else boarders on State run television. Get over yourselves please.

Don't get me wrong I love the show and the presenters, but the show has drastically changed in it's banter since the formula restructure in 2002. The blatant "it's American, it sucks" statement wasn't really funny, and they've used it so much I never see their crowd's laughing at it.

Oh and another thing, they've never mentioned the Saleen S7 in their news much less reviewed one. Maybe because their afraid of how good and how fast it would go around their track, you know being American and all.

I would give them a lot more credibility if they would cut this crap out.

Example of Jeremy being completely different before the Top Gear Forumla change.

Extreme Machines

It's an 06 dammit!
Spiffu is offline   Reply With Quote