View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 11:33 AM   #10
harryo2b
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Good write-up Nth - I really like this Porsche... and I'd seriously consider it given the money. Looks cool and different, and doesn't look as the poser thing the Boxster is With the 19in wheels of the 997S, it looks just great!

BTW - do you have any pics for the index?
Well hell Dani, since the 987S is a poser car I won't be letting you lap it around the 'Ring come the JW meeting as I intended on see what you could do with it around the famous track. Shame.

Just f*cking with you!

Really though the 987S is just as good of a car as the Cayman S. Why? Well certainly not because it's a convertible, even I don't appreciate soft tops but impatience led to my purchase, but because both cars in "S" trip provide the same fun and numbers except the Boxster is $3.5K cheaper?!$!# Do I wish I had the Cayman S, not really unless the pricing strategy was reversed. Do I wish I had the 997, oh hell yeah I do. Too bad being realistic and being able to enjoy the fine things in life like (world travel, cycling, planes, R/C) won't let me have it until a later date.

Either way they are great cars and with the mid mount of the motor and small nimble chassis these cars are loads of fun on both tight tracks and back country roads.

Good write up! Did i miss the pics or are there none?!

2006 Porsche Boxster S/Atlas Grey Metallic/Black/Black/6 spd
Canon 30D/17-85 IS/70-200 4L IS/580EXII/430EX/B+W Filters
harryo2b is offline   Reply With Quote