View Single Post
Old 07-10-2006, 12:14 PM   #1
Global Warming
Regular User

Default Danica might move to NASCAR

JOLIET, Ill. - Danica Patrick could be leaving the Indy Racing League and joining the NASCAR circuit by 2007, if her father has his way, the Orlando Sentinel reported Monday.

"I'm trying to get her here [into NASCAR]," said T.J. Patrick, who has been Patrick's manager since childhood.

Her father told the Sentinel he was having exploratory talks with some NASCAR teams at Chicagoland Speedway on Sunday.

"We've had some inquiries," T.J. Patrick told the Sentinel. He and his wife Bev Patrick attended NASCAR's USG Sheetrock 400 on Sunday.

Patrick's parents were in the Nextel Cup garage area Sunday as guests of Roush Racing, the Sentinel said. The Roush team includes drivers Mark Martin, Matt Kenseth, Carl Edwards, Greg Biffle and Jamie McMurray.

Danica Patrick's contract with Rahal-Letterman Racing team ends after this season. The Sentinel said the Patricks are negotiating with other IRL teams as well as NASCAR teams.

Patrick finished fourth in the Indianapolis 500 last year.
© 2006 MSNBC Interactive

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13801677/

Too bad because even though I'm not an Indy fan I like it more than NASCAR for sure. But NASCAR is were all the money is...