Thread: C6 vs. Z06
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2004, 09:33 PM   #51
nthfinity
Regular User

i havent read the entire thread, and been out for a few weeks, so im a bit backed up. it was written earlier by greywolf that ford is in the bad in having a halo car in the GT; whilst, this isnt foriegn territory for GM in its limited edition corvettes... eg, ZR-1 in 1995, i believe they only made 368 examples. i know this is different in that there is no "base" model ford GT, but at least ford is making more cars that can go quickly, and are quite fun on track days, and easy to upgrade. Ford putting a supercharger on the 4.6 was way more intellegent then a supercharger on a v6.

the new C6 hands down is better then the C5 in every way, except to personal tastes, such as styling. the zo6 is better then the c6, and we will have to wait til perhaps the next NAIAS to see the replacement Z series vette. it is likely to be pushing 500 ponies, as well as be priced similar to the Viper SRT-10. because of this, i see further manufacturer backed tuning of the 5.4 GT motor.

any true high performance vehicle is also a high maintanence vehicle. im sorry i dont agree at all with the idea that a sports compact with FWD is sporty in the least. it is good that the opel speedster base in making the pontiac solstice. i hope ford follows tune with bringing a awd focus turbo... but in dont think thats going to happen...
i love the corvette, current, and future immensely.