View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 02:22 PM   #7
F250
Regular User

I'm guessing none of you guys are old enough to remember the market price of the first ZR1.

Blame the dealers all you want, but this is supply vs. demand. The real blame is with GM not making enough ZR1s. (Maybe GM can't make many more ZR1s. Maybe they are losing money on each one. Maybe more ZR1s would drop the company's C.A.F.E. too much.) On the other hand, I do recall reading somewhere that GM could ramp up and build more.

There is no reason for dealers not to mark up the price $300,000. In the linked article, the gentleman who plunked down deposit #1 was told his dealer's allocation was 4 cars. Theoretically, if the dealer could sell all four for a $300K markup each, from a business standpoint, he'd be a fool not to.

Maybe the federal government should put togewther an agency to police automobile market prices. You, know, that way poor Obama supporters could afford to buy ZR1s. It would be just like the federal government helping poor people buy homes witrh variable rate no money down 100% loan to value loans.

We could call the new agency Freddie-MSRP.

I love it when guys who can't afford the car,or don't even want to buy one bitch about the fact that others are ready and willing to buy. It makes you all sound jealous.

Finally, there is not one person on this board who would walk away from an extra $300K per car if you could get it.
F250 is offline   Reply With Quote