View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 10:26 AM   #30
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by sentra_dude
Sameerrao, the glowing brakes are awesome, a really great catch! The Audi scraping is cool too :shock: is that supposed to happen?!

Are those pics from another topic...? I'd like to see the rest of those, and btw, it looks like you had a good position to shoot from, where were you situated?
See here: http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39510 --> there is a link provided in post #1

I moved around the track to take pictures from different locations. As long as you had a grandstand ticket they let you cruise thru the stands. Besides it wasnt that crowded anyway.

The Audi was scraping on the many bumps on the circuit. I asked Allan McNish, who was driving the car, about it - he jokingly remarked that it was just a way to make the car loose weight. The Audi was like a battle tank - damn that car is good. Along with the Porsche 956/962 it is perhaps the greatest prototype ever from a wins standpoint.

For all the good glowing pics that I got (about 6) I threw away about 50 pictures - it was tough shooting because the cars were really fast into the corner and weren't braking for more than 2 seconds or so. Also, some drivers (read better) like Seb. Bourdais did not make the brakes glow as much but were still faster on a lap time. They must be metering their braking very precisely. 8)

Originally Posted by TT
There are about 300 pictures in the link provided in Post #1

Good shots guys, but remember, much easier to have a sharp pic when resized to 600 or 800 bring on the high-res so we can proprely judge
Admit it TT you are just a wee bit jealous

If you notice on a couple of shots you can see the fence pretty clearly in the image - I tried to increase the aperture to F9 to make the fence disappear but wasn't successful. The fence was about 30 feet from me and the car about 10 feet beyond - basically the fence and car are pretty close to each other and both are relatively the same distance away from me. Anyone knows how I can make the fence less obvious or is it a poor location to shoot from.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote