View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 07:37 PM   #3
nthfinity
Regular User

every month, i think this is getting harder to choose my favorite

there are a lot of real nice situations going on here... but just lacked the right zoom, or angle, or proportion; but otherwise great shots.

p_zero:
this shot is great, and made it very difficult for me not to choose it. great contrast, great proportions, great depth of field.
pzgren:
a bit of practice, and you'll be up there with some of the other WYST hunters, a great situation; but not the best proportions, or angle.
TT:
the background and foreground are clearly separate, but the only thing that it just didn't have much contrast to it, or that the background is so close to the subject. otherwise, a great photo of a Muira damn she is sexy!
Dingo:
the sunset, the lights on the sunset... i can feel the momentum building up under the hood, as the CLS55 is about to pounce its prey the clearly defined lines bring this one up to the front for me, as its such deep contrast. -->my vote
Mihals:
a nice pic of a 997 that you coudln't have done much different with... perhaps angled slightly down... no clouds hurt the photo, but its really quite good IMO.
Smylait:
many other cars, this shot would look great (with a polarizer) but the Enzo's front profile is really hard to look at for me... many other cars, it would look great, but here it looks odd, and out of place.
80ssportlover:
ouch, such a hard thing to do to shoot a black car against a white backdrop... photshop may have been able to reduce the exposure of the building a little to bring out more contrast.... the background and foregrownd are just so overexposed... still, a nice photo... im guessing an early Diablo based on those wheels... they look almost more like giant countach wheels.
eurocopter:
Amazing photo!!! i can find nothing to descriminate against; you were also somebody hard not to vote for, great contrast, and great angles built behind the land rover
sl55kleenmann:
black sure is hard to photograph... it just looks another case of overexposed/underexposed because of the bright background, and dark car.
twboy:
the car is just too dead center for me... the wall offers great contrast, so i would've gotten a closer shot, or zoomed ina bit. great depth of field; and a great color
komotar:
damn, another one i have a hard time not voting for! i cant even guess what goes through your mind when scouting out locations you may never have been to, and see such awsome backgrounds, with great angled substance if only the car looked better... for an alfa, that just doesn't seem awsome to me.
nthfinity:
perfect photo!
salegosse:
there isnt much going on in the upper third... other then that, i like it better then TT's side profile great contrast!
wutputt:
what a unique photo; definate style points here... i bet it was damn hard to get a clean shot of the Bugatti
Dani:
great photo, it works very well. looks like somebody was videotaping you
Polouser:
i like the picture... and Silver mercs work very well at night IMO. something seems off about the plane of the picture... tilting would have helped... the perspective is a little odd.
stmoritzer:
the glass reflection is pretty heavy, but im guessing you were killing another light source? its a great photo that makes me think of TG for some reason
dodo:
a real nice situation; but the other taller cars behind the lambo take it off of "top honors" for me.
titanboy:
so many head-on shots this month! yours is my favorite of the three... ps could've brought the roof-line to horizontal, then it would look a wee bit better
magwhee:
one mighty beast there the Carl Zeiss lens on your sony always produces very sharp images... something i loved about my last camera a real nice angle, but perhaps not the greatest background compared to some of these other guys here thanks for sharing :fadein:
speed_racer:
a little more saturation... but that comes as spring does. a real nice track day photo... perhaps not zoomed in enough.