View Single Post
Old 05-06-2004, 02:30 PM   #17
middleton7
Regular User

Expensive? Yes. Outrageous? No. I will have in the neighborhood of $45,000 in it when complete. That is including the suspension, the air-ride system up front, the leather interior, the badging, etc....One of the main reasons that you don't see more replicas on the roads is that most people don't have the time or ability to handle such a project. And about the chassis, that's why I'm going with the exact replica, to ensure chassis rigidity. Most of the people that spend the fortunes on an exotic don't need to buy a fake. They can afford that much and most don't even know about the replicas much less anything about their possibilities. The man hours....Oh yeah, I'm looking at allot of those myself. And the pure pleasure of looking at the completed car and knowing I did that....That makes it that much more exciting to me. As for coming close to the real deal, I've unfortunately seen several pics of the factory's foul-ups. Crappy welds in the rear end and other areas not seen by the average person walking around the car. I'll see if I can find those pics and post a link. It really bothered me to see those given my pure awe of Lamborghini as a company. But all in all, I think you'ld be pleasantly surprised if you saw and drove a WELL BUILT replica. There are allot of really shoddy replicas rolling around. I'm ashamed of the replica world for such abominations. Check this guys site out, it'll give ya an idea of what goes into a good build....http://www.lambobuilder.com/edb/
He asks a bit more for one than I think is reasonable, but that's allot of work.
middleton7 is offline   Reply With Quote