View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 05:12 PM   #31
m0ng0l01dz
Regular User

Default basically...

Originally Posted by insane View Post
ROFL. So you think if you stick and AMG engine in a beetle, that it'll break the Nürburgring lap record as well? ROFLMAO

So by you definition, if a company doesn't build the engine themselves, then that means it's a kit car? So I guess the McLaren F1 is a kit car as well. Oh and the first Koenigseggs...

EDIT: Oh and btw, as stated before, the Ariel Atom is NOT a kit car either. A kit-car by definition is a car "available in kit form, i.e. you buy a set of parts that you have to assemble yourself."

The car is nothing on its own, remove the merc motor and you have a sculpture. I'd be impressed by it if they had built a motor for it. All the performance is coming from a merc powerplant, can pagani build a motor? no? well then. It might as well be a kit car, but the demand law says that no one would want one if they had to build it, theyd just buy the clk. Ford ,Chevy, Honda, Ferrari, Mercedes, are all constructors that build super cars. When you piece together you supercar from their parts bin, what have you really done?Ruf has the decency, AMG , Callaway, Lingenfelter, Shelby, Spoon, all have the decency to admit their cars are improvements of their respective marques. There is no pagani besides an ex lambo tech. Pagani is more Dallara and Merc then it is Horacio.
As far as a beetle transplant doing a lap, no way in hell! But a tuned Nissan GTR just might? Being just 10 seconds behind the fastest Pagani, and 3 seconds behind the slowest pagani and sever tens of thousands of GBP less. Oh and its all Nissan! do you see the difference now?
m0ng0l01dz is offline   Reply With Quote