View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 05:05 PM   #15
sameerrao
Regular User

Sure, I will read more about it if it gets tested more ...

I like some Corvettes for sure - the Stingray is my favorite. I think the Z06 is awesome. But if it is my money on the line, i.e. I had $70K sitting around, I would buy a Testarossa in a heartbeat.

To me performance stats mean jackshit! I would be happier in a slower Testarossa than a much faster car just because it is a car that lights my fire. I would be thrilled to look at it in the garage and drive it at 40mph as much as 140mph.

Meaning I am not looking for a car to thrill people at the pub with " My car is faster than yours" Its not Top Trumps (I used to love those cards as a kid )

If I had the dosh to buy a F1 or a Veyron, I would pick the F1 anyday (and twice on Sunday) precisely for same reason. The car seems right to me. Its perfect to me. May not be to another person but I dont care.

Its not the numbers or journo's or friends opinions that matter. Its your gut feeling when you see a car and say that is it for me. Now driving such a car would let you know if it is right or wrong not someone else's opinion.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote