View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 11:50 PM   #8
Daydreamz
Regular User

This is awesome, finally... some "real" sence to what all that is.

My Backstory...

I currently drive an 86 VW GTI, that has major pull to the right. I have only owned the car for a few months (minimal driving as I work two blocks from home) Though the pull is no "major" concern, and neither is the fact that my steering wheel is not exactly center. It drives safe. I do have worn tires (you know, caused by bad alignment) I have finally gotten around to getting two new used tires for the front, as the rear are still in good shape. Though they are not on yet, just sitting in my trunk until after I get my alignment done.

I went into Fountain Tire (Canada) to get an alignment done on my car. They said they could do it by the end of the day. Right at the end of the day they phoned me just to tell me that my alignment is off (No Duh Stupid, that's why I am getting it done) I head over there with my boyfriend (he's a car guy) ... I then get shown my car on the lift hooked up to the alignment computer. Then they got extremly technical, and too me (and boyfriend) seemed like total bullshit. Something at one point was about removing some pin to adjust the caber, and that it will never drive straight, and the steering wheel wont be straight, I would have to remove it, then straighten it, place it back on... I dont care about a straight steering wheel, I just want my damn wheels to be aligned properly.

I will give you my numbers which are on the print out, and hopefully someone can tell me honestly weather I am being totally screwed over and that this is going to be a "difficult alignment - never drive totally straight ever type thing" or that this is something that can be fixed easily and that the idiots I am dealing with are complete assholes. I know I am over the safe "Green" area.

My Reading:

Left Front:
Caster: 1.4x
Camber: 0.4x
Toe: -0.15x

Right Front:
Caster: 1.1x
Camber: 0.8x
Toe: -0.15

Someone please help me!
Daydreamz is offline   Reply With Quote