Thread: Radar Detector
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 09:43 PM   #17
Skaala
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45

Originally Posted by Skaala
I have the V1 and it works great, although police in norway are more and more changing over to lasers, and there's no detectors that give good protection against lasers.
Although LASER is line of sight, so there are more than likely other indicators a LASER is being used.. the operator will be likely using the crest of a hill, bridge etc. and more than likely in a high traffic area that you shouldn't be speeding in anyway.
thats true...but, the radars are getting to expensive for the cops to use over here, and the lasers they say are more reliable. The traffic police are one of the governments largest money making practices. After all the traffic cops are the only employees in Norway that are allowed to have unlimited overtime, and when fines start at around $100 for speeding 5km's over the limit they're not only standing where speeding actually is dangerous, they're everywhere, and in camo in the bushes. They fined the drivers over 100 million USD last year. Most of them minor offences like 5-15km over the limit on highways.

I was once caught early in the morning 7:30 on the mountains in the atumn, miiiiiles away from sivilisation, and i did 95 on a 80km/h on an empty highway overtaking a lorry, and i had to pay $550. The cop even gave me shit about "the porsche wheels on my Audi 80" threatening me to have my car controlled by the DMV regarding the wheels and lowering. It's Not lowered. :wall:

The police here have also been known to stalking people in undercover cars for miles and miles, waiting for them to speed when overtaking a truck or a bus. We currently don't have good enough laws around this.

the V1 has been very good, not to be used as an insurance, but its's nice to check it before overtaking. We also have a pretty good volunteer SMS system which tells you about local speedtraps.