View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 03:42 PM   #1
Minacious
Regular User

Default Minacious is back!!

I know no one really cares, but damnit, I wanted to make a post about it.

New members won't know who the hell I am, but the Veterans will.

My hiatus from MW was because of a move from Los Angeles, CA to Indianapolis, IN. I think the only two here that I mentioned the move to were Jabba and RC, and that is only because of quick IM conversations with them. I doubt they even remember.

Much of my stuff is in storage while I am making moves to get fully settled and in a stable situation here in Indiana. I am currently in a temporary living situation (living with my Girlfriend's sister and her husband) while looking for a house. We will be meeting with a Realtor and checking out some houses early next month.

Indiana is definitely an interesting place. It feels as if everything here is 10 years behind of where it was in Los Angeles. The pace of living here is also incredibly slow. The price of living here, though, very much a plus. A 3 Bed-2 1/2 Bath, with a lake in your backyard, go for like 115k. That is unheard of in Los Angeles.

The car culture is almost completely nonexistent. Cars here seem to be nothing more than transportation; there is absolutely no passion for them. There are very few exceptions to that, and I do mean very few.

The one thing that really sucks here is the lack of Animation/Graphics houses. After a couple weeks of looking for a good Graphics company to work with, I gave up and went to a job agency to see what they could find for me. They told me, and I quote, "I am in the wrong state for that type of stuff." I had to chuckle when the lady told me that. It looks like I am going to have to start my own business and take advantage of the lack of companies over here.

Anyway, I am happy to be back and have a lot of catching up to do.

Oh yeah, one more thing, I am coming to you from my latest computer build done over here which I have dubbed The Widow Maker. A quick rundown of specs are a QX9650, 8GB of Mushkin RAM, 2TB of WD HD space, 2 EVGA GTX 260s, an XFi for the sound, a 24" Samsung to see it all, and a few other goodies. She will be getting tweaked up, but I just haven't had the time.

Minacious, OUT!!