View Single Post
Old 06-10-2006, 07:20 PM   #24
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo

*cough* *cough*

Originally Posted by dingo

I respect the Z06, its a great car and definately a performance bargain.
Hey!!! We have a friend down under

Originally Posted by thenumber1
RC - 4WD definitely wouldn't save me.

Can i ask your opinion though...?

Do you think the Z06 is a more or less difficult to drive than a Gallardo? From a novice point of view.

And which car do you think would be easier to master/drive at the limit?

Cheers.

(BTW - not trying to stick up for either car here, i think they are two very different animals)
Hhhhmmm - 60,000 miles into living with my car, I would probably have to say the Z... at first I was a little intimidated by the high HP tail happy FR layout - but in the end I got really comfortable with it.

The important thing with my C5 gen car, is that I did make a few bone head moves and was a little ham-fisted early on - and the chassis was forgiving enough to let me come back and play another day.

Had this been a 996 GT3 for example, a comparable performance car, I would have been dead or severly mangled laying in a ditch with the car wedged in a pinetree...

I am not saying the Gallardo is anywhere near as temperamental as GT3 - or as precise - but I am guessing (guessing mind you) that even though it is a 4WD car, the mid-rear layout and weight distribution may not reward clumsy moves with indifferent tollerance displayed by the Z06 (I have heard this is true of the C6 Z as well).
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote