View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 02:09 AM   #15
Spiffu
Regular User

These are the reasons why people with the bills aren't going to pay over 200 large for a Lexus

- No sports car development history for the (sorry, the SC's don't count)

- No racing pedigree to associate directly to the name

- A badge that is associated with middle age family goes to retiries in Florida than thoughts of driving with your hair on fire

- And the number one reason, it does't look like a 200 grand car. Look at the redesigned lambo gallardo. That exumes "wow!" the "I'm 8 years old again factor as Top Gear likes to say.
This doesn't do that at all. It's a rather standard sports car design with some fancy headlights. Is it a 200 grand looking car? Not by a long shot.

Performance wise it might do outstandingly, initial figures suggest as much. But if I'm going to buy a front engine sports car that make me a part of the seat, I'll get a Z06, GTR, or a 911 Turbo. which are less than half the price of that car. And probably perform almost as well.

Lexus needs to take a step back and re-evaulate the price of this car. I honestly think it's a reaction to the development costs it's accured over the very long time of the project. At most I think it's worth $120,000. And thats stretch. Maybe $150,000 fully equipped.

I would rather buy the new Ferrari California or a Lambo Gallardo 560 than that. I think it would have been better to label it a Toyota, given the succiess Nissan is having with the GTR. (instead of branding it an infinity)

It's an 06 dammit!
Spiffu is offline   Reply With Quote