View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 09:35 PM   #34
ae86_16v
Regular User

^ Right, much like the Blu-Ray Java Script problem on some disc and some players no being able to support it. I am sure that won't be a problem when the generation 2 player comes out :roll: .

Something that has to do w/ BD-J: http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/news/show/409

And again, you are pointing out just because Sony say we will have 6 Million PS3s by March, that automatically means that Blu-Ray will win and that will be the de facto DVD player.

Show me how that is true again? How many people bought a PS2 because it played DVDs? How amny people bought a PS1 because it played CDs? How many people use it as their only entertainment system?

I still think the standard that will achieve majority will be the one that will introduce at a price point where middle class be able to afford it as a luxury item. Probably around the $200-$300 mark. Just as it happened with DVDs before.

All these companies are labeling their systems as an "All in One". Just like the PS3 is labeled as a "All in One" entertainment system. Has any of that worked? Has Window's Media PC worked? Has OS X's Frontrow worked? Did the Playstation 2 worked in that regard?

The answer is no, not yet. There hasn't been any system yet, that will satisfy the demand for everything. And I doubt the PS3 will fill that niche either. But again we will see.

Personally, I don't really care which one wins. I would prefer Blu-Ray because it offers more storage, but in the end, the determinating factor will be price. I just want one of them to be cheap, around $200 - $300. We will probably hit that price point next year.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote