Thread: Tourist Trophy
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2006, 09:20 AM   #9
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
I think I'll finally buy this game... just to feel what's about riding in the Ring

Anyway - I'm not sure about the physics... since I've tried three or four games of this type, including the MotoGP, and the "realism" hasn't impressed me much
As an avid motorcyclist, realism, feel and handling have always been the downfall of motorcycle games - until now.

I can honestly say this is the first motorcycle game that has me thinking in my head as if I was riding.

You get to change your riding style - and no kidding, until I set my rider to behave on bike like I do, I was not able to turn soon enough - so no that my guy is a "hang off, hug the tank knee out" physics guy, I am able to get in and apex like crazy.

Of course, as with all video games, you are first mastering the programmers controls then second mastering the vehicle, but if you can imagine the way GT3/GT4"felt" the first time you played it - and how it "felt" almost intuitively how you would expect it to "feel" to control a particular car.. well it has that "feel" about it.

This is a MUST have for any motorcycle enthusiast.

Compared to this, MotoGP1/2/3 are like NeedForSpeed:Ricer Edition.

(without spoiling minacious review though ) there are complaints - too few bikes (but the ones they have are really well done) and they still don't have VCR controls for replays etc etc.

All the complaints of GT4 over GT3 are there - sort of like being with an old girlfriend years later - the sexual relations are familiar and exciting, but you remember why you got over here and wonder if she'll ever change...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote