Thread: new car - S40
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 10:22 PM   #14
Stikz
Regular User

Have you polished the car or is it really that good paint? Looks even better in the daytime
Is it really 1,9T? We have here only 2,0T and next engine smaller is already 1,8 liters. 120kW should get that thing going very well
Hey mr.mojo. I got the car from a dealer, one of my dad's friends is a manager at the dealership and the car was a lease return. It was in really good shape when they got that back, but they did clean and polish the car. That being said the paint is still pretty decent. As for the engine, the only option for that year was the 1.9T here. Its good for 160 hp. Over in Europe the 2.0T was good for 200, which is pretty sweet. And it does move pretty decent, although its much better at mid range acceleration than acceleration from a stop, i think cuz of the crappy tires.

The interior is in amazing shape, the only seat that has any wear is the driver seat which is fine. For a leased car the last owner took really good care of the car. I was also able to check the service history of the car thanks to my dad's friend and it had oil changes every 6000 km, instead of 12000 as needed. The one spot of trouble on this car is that the rotors need to be changed fairly often which is kinda shitty.
Stikz is offline   Reply With Quote