View Single Post
Old 06-28-2003, 10:23 PM   #4
HoboPie
Regular User

Well I found out some more stuff about the motor trend test. They got a ferrari test driver to thrash the Enzo around Fiorano and then they used some sort of adjustment and estimation calculations to get most of their times.

As for the remarkable results they normally get, I agree it is unlikely they can, not only out perform the other publications, but also often beat the times of factory test drivers.

On possibility is that they may run all their tests at one or two really high grip testing areas. Another is that their correctional data for temperature and wind may be more charitable to the cars than it should be.

Anyway the stats on this one aren't actually that nuts. I mean road and track got a 0-60 of 3.28 at the salt flats so it is not completely impossible for a factory test driver to best that by 1/10 of a second.

The 0-100mph is actually slower than what other publications so the only thing that seems odd to me is that incredible 1/4 mile that might be possible if all the acceleration data they gathered was as big a gain as the 0-60 over other publications.