View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 05:32 PM   #22
graywolf624
Regular User

If Toyota made a proper successor to the MR2 with a proper design it would have sold a proper amount, just like the Evo’s and WRX’s are selling to the younger crowd even though they are in the 40k range.
Uhh.. the evos and wrxs werent in the 40k range, at least here in the states, until this latest sti.. Notice in that thread a bunch of us started to laugh and say they wont sell any of them.

Bad Design + wrong demographic = Failure
Toyota didnt make a mistake and it wasnt a bad design.. IT was the right design for the demographic they were going for. The 40k range young guy market is virtually non existant. Thats what you seem to be missing. When I went in and bought my 40k car.. My brand new corvette (which lets be honest the mr2 is not in the same league and never was with the vette, 3 series, boxster, or z4) .. I was told flat out its so refreshing to sell a new one to a young guy. It wasnt cause all corvette owners are old men.. Its because 40k for someone under 30 is a shit load of money. These are mass produced vehicles we are talking about.. If you believe there are 80000 single under 30 males looking for a 40000 dollar sports car well thats some fantasy world you live in.