View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 01:31 AM   #18
5vz-fe
Regular User

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=23211

...drum roll...

"contact a GT-R certified Nissan Dealer for..."

"Do not blah blah. Doing blah blah blah will void your warranty. See Warranty Information Booklet"

Overall, my observations are:

- There is more stuff about how to sit right and put a car seat in any anything else. Maybe just in the US because of our "I'll sue you" driven society.

- I am bummed that I can't even change the oil let alone other fluids. That has been my one joy in the last 6 Nissan/Inifiniti cars I have owned.

- Seems there will will lots of transmission noises. The conditions of the noises are interesting, which leads me to believe that they tested the heck out of that transmission and also how am I to know when the noise is normal vs a genuine problem? e.g. Use M mode in cold weather to avoid transmission clanking ...seriously "clanking".

- Turning VDC Off is as bad as sleeping with your wife's hot sister.

- For being a super car, I am slightly disappointed that they did not include a few Infiniti luxuries such as meters/gauges moving with steering wheel, electronic steering wheel adjustment, entry/exit system, seat memory, electronic front seat retracting for rear access, no fog lights, no backup camera, etc. Although I did like the folding mirrors button.

- Don't put custom exhausts cause they can melt the plastic on the rear. Don't remove rear carpeting cause it will decrease heat dissipation from exhaust and increase transmission noise. Don't change front fascia, it will cause brake rotors to overhead. All valid but interesting.

- Lastly, big brother will be watching (see attachment)

- Despite this, I still love it and can't await to get it.
Some interesting finding ...

Current bid on Ebay for GT-R is ~100k
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...3756.m14.l1318

Last edited by 5vz-fe; 06-29-2008 at 01:36 AM.
5vz-fe is offline   Reply With Quote