View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 12:41 PM   #8
10000rpmlover
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
That's not very attractive. The lines look a mess and the bulbous rear light protrusion are just ugly. Has Pininfarina lost its touch? Is this a one off? It looks more like what Zagato would design, not Pininfarina.

you know, in the buisiness I am in, we sometimes (more than not) go through hundreds of drawings and mock ups before settling on one, this goes from the simplest thing as a mirror or the contours of a dash panel (the last one went through 133 designs) it is not a question of "losing touch" but when you try to appeal to everyone you usually end up with stuff like this, but I must ask you this:

if you were handed the keys, given a fatboy slim cd "right here right now" and then presented to one of the greatest driving roads in the world... would you enjoy this ferrari?

yes or no? come on, the thing is outlandish, unique and dare I say regal, the RX-8 went through hundreds of ideas, some of which were just absolutely bonkers, so the end result has a mix of just about everything, bulging wheel arches, suicide doors, low nose, fron open grill, huge wheel openings, small windows, busy lamps, not everyone liked it, it is not even that fast off the line, but you'll be hard pressed to find a fault once you drove one if you fancy a car that handles like the devil is holding its tires while God is playing the high rev soundtrack, I believe this car has a case of "too much people to cater for" I for one like it and it resembles a bit of the mclaren f1 which is a good thing, I kinda like it more than the bland f430, much more than the bitch car california

twin turbo, AWD, AWS, 6spd, drop dead gorgeous, what's not to like? mitsubishi should go back and make these again
10000rpmlover is offline   Reply With Quote