View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 07:43 PM   #34
10000rpmlover
Regular User

how much will it cost you to get all the parts for a turbo kit? my friend says it took him like $3,200 to get every thing he needed, including injectors, fuel pump, fpr, boost controller, used Apexi S-afc, a 13g turbo off a second gen eclipse and custom made manifold, he is using an intercooler from a 96 Talon tsi that he got from ebay for like 100 bucks, but of course he did all the welding, cutting and made his own piping, he does have the 4 cyl GS model like yours, he is now making 267fwhp and trapping 109mph and 13.xx sec quarter on pump gas and get this, he has the tiptronic trans, which is a feat of great proportions, at 7 psi but of course also his car has no ac and he is on stock internals so he can't push it too much yet, I believe there is potential for your car, I don't think that was a lot to spend to be faster than even the newer V6 eclipses, but I must also mention that he gutted the car of almost all creature comforts and back seats are gone

twin turbo, AWD, AWS, 6spd, drop dead gorgeous, what's not to like? mitsubishi should go back and make these again
10000rpmlover is offline   Reply With Quote