View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 10:17 AM   #6
kach22i
Regular User

Originally Posted by loliea View Post
I needed a strong reliable car to use everyday and the brakes of that car didn't inspire confidence (maybe I am too used to modern brakes...).
They are not full power brakes (power assist), yet are one of the best things about the car (the shifting sure ain't). They say to change out the brake fluid every two years, maybe that was a factor too.

Some people use 1980's 911's as daily drivers, you have to stay on top of them and maintain them well - you will become a wrench.

My cousin's 1978 911 which she has owned since new has over 250,000 miles on it and is still running strong. Her son drives it now, I think the 550 Spyder tattoo on his neck is a bit much though.

Back on topic:
You can see a large crowd in front of the building in one of the photos. One of the track guru's was describing what the guy did wrong, and what to do if you find yourself in a similar situation. My friend said that he said to lock up the brakes and let it slide (and or spin). I believe momentum will carry you to the open grass of the infield and away from the wall.
Architect and Business Owner
kach22i is offline   Reply With Quote