View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 10:54 AM   #8
Shinigami
Regular User

Originally Posted by r2r
how does this Porsche compare to everything else?
I don't know... it's difficult to compare it to other cars because it's quite different.

There are things that are not that impressive (for me, I guess the looks are not great, but they are good and definitely better then your average fun of the mill porsche thanks to some little details, and the sound too is a little too tame if you're looking for a flashy car and this is not one).

But it does many things very well. Probably better reliability then any Ferrari or Lamborghini, better clutch wear, usable thanks to back seats which could seat smaller adults (there's enough knee and head room if you're not say over 6 foot tall), and it comes from a company with some heritage.

The price is quite steep and admittedly, the owner was also looking at, and drove a new Z06 (costs nearly half as much but has equivalent performance). The Z06 would have replaced his Mitsu Evo, but in the end he didn't bother because he would have been left with two cars that are maybe too similar (for wringing out on the country roads).

This car is definitely up there with the 5% best I've ever driven tho', and I've had a go in quite a few...

TT: yeah, it's the guy from asphalte